App info:Built for the love of chess, this app is open source and free for all.- 50 000 individual users daily and growing fast.- Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess.- Play multiple games simultaneously.- Find players, follow players and see your online friends- Challenge players- Chat wi... Read More >
- 50 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
- Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess.
- Play multiple games simultaneously.
- Find players, follow players and see your online friends
- Challenge players
- Chat with your opponent.
- Get training with chess puzzles
- Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend.
- Offline AI mode.
- Board editor
- Available in 80 languages.
- Dark and light themes and several board and pieces sets
- Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
Chess variants are supported! Try them all:
- Chess960: pieces on the home rank are randomised.
- King Of The Hill: bring your king to the center to win.
- Threecheck: check the opponent king three times.
- Antichess: lose all your pieces to win.
- Atomic Chess: nuke the opponent.
- Horde: destroy the horde to win.
Just like http://lichess.org, this application is open source, and respects user freedom. It is entirely free and without ads, now and forever.
Learn more about lichess philosophy: http://lichess.org/blog/U4skkUQAAEAAhIGz/why-is-lichess-free
Source code of the mobile application: https://github.com/veloce/lichobile
Source code of the website and server: https://github.com/ornicar/lila
Big thanks to the volunteers behind this app:
- Vincent Velociter (lead dev) https://github.com/veloce
- Renaud Bressand (design) https://twitter.com/RenaudBressand
- Thibault Duplessis (dev) https://github.com/ornicar